Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Random encounters are special quests which give good rewards - reputation, rare items, unbound silver and fragments of books on martial skills players can't obtain otherwise in game.
Players can trigger them in one of these ways:
- starting with a mob-dropped item (these usually, but not always, have coordinates or mention names for who should receive the item to start the quest)
- talking with NPCs with a certain Affinity towards them ('Gratitude or Resentment' quests)
- from NPCs with a red lantern over their head approaching the players (even in mid combat) and:
- giving a gift - item received will be unbound
- offering to sell something (like a Flying skill) for unbound silver - bought item will be bound
- giving a quest - its reward may be:.................................
- encounter box containing an unbound life skill item (loom)
- martial box containing unbound skills
Note: There is a 30 seconds timer to talk to the red lantern NPC.
There are a lot of 'Gratitude or Resentment' quests spread over Jianghu. They will reward random items upon completion. Typical rewards are crafting books, herbs, or pills.
With a Random Encounter it isn't so easy to evaluate whether or not a particular item has any real meaning. Here is a list of possible Random Encounter items and what to do with them.
- Broken Silver Sword
- Pita Bread Soaked in Soup
- Martial Arts Chivalry Full Collection
- Common Bracelet
- Wine Drinking
Gaining NPC Affinity
This method has unfortunately been patched and will no longer work. ~ Vaan