Because of the added bonuses that players can gain from the cultivation of Meridians, they can prove to be a mighty vantage in a battle with someone of slightly stronger basic skills.
Through this system, more players would be encouraged to do book robbing, as it would allow them to have a chance to gain access to another school's internal skills. By having that access, the player is able to train another Meridian to gain extra stat boosts that are not available through his/her own school's Meridian.
Meridians hold some great power, but take a lot of practice to harness it. Fighting and focus on one's skills can lead on the path to an even more powerful and faster Martial Arts Master.
There are three types of meridians, each one (of the total nine) having different acupoints:
- Dantian Element category - universal meridians, not related to any School (sort of 'Jianghu' meridians):
- The Thirteen Confucian Scriptures - Sequence category - School related through their internal skills:
- Greater Yin Lung Hand Meridian (Emei)
- Lesser Yang Sanjiao Hand Meridian (Wanderer's Valley)
- Greater Yang Small Intestine Meridian of Hand (Beggars' Sect)
- Lesser Yin Kidney Foot Meridian (Wudang)
- Reverting Yin Liver Foot Meridian (Scholars)
- Greater Yin Spleen Foot Meridian (Tangmen)
- Lesser Yang Gallbladder Foot Meridian (Royal Guards)
- Yang Brightness Stomach Foot Meridian (Shaolin)
- jm_qijingbamai - Obtained via the ultimate inners Sun Flower and Star Vortex. Using these Meridians comes at a price while they're active.
Initially, players can have three active meridians and later, after completing a quest's from their school's headmaster, few more (total being six). An active Meridian will be marked with a 'tick' in Meridians info' interface. Players can choose to deactivate (close) any meridian and reactivate it at any time (just like it is done with Internal Skills).
Since a player can learn the internal skills of different schools a player can unlock all the meridians overtime. All Six meridians that can be activated (6 at a time; choice is yours) out of the eight different choices will contribute to character stat enhancement, however, to truly benefit from the higher tiers of the Meridians system, players have to meet certain requirements such as School's internals being at certain levels. All eight meridians 9 levels corresponding to each school can be unlocked by a player from any school, however as mentioned before, there are higher levels that require certain levels of School Internals. This means that over time, you can train all 8 school bases meridians to level 9, and swap the benefits that you get from the four meridians you can activate at a time, according to your needs, such as PvP, PvE. Farming mobs and such.Training different meridians gives different stat boosts like addition of Brawn, or the increment of maximum Energy. Only one meridian can be trained at any one time. It is recommended that you first train your schools corresponding meridian up to max level before training up any others further as this will grant you the best immediate benefit for your schools most needed attribute.
Acupoints' Rank Edit
Currently, only the first 5 acupoints of School Meridians and the 2nd acupoint of the 'Qi gathering in Tanden' Meridian are available.
Initially, first acupoint of any Meridian can be leveled up to 9th Rank (Zhoutian) by infusing Chi into it. To further train the Meridian, the players have to break through its current acupoint when this reaches its current maximum Rank (thus unlocking the Rank).
This can be done by reaching a certain level of the particular internal skill related to that Meridian:
- Qi gathering in Tanden meridian's 1st acupoint's Rank is unlocked when the Self Recollection Internal Skill (Jianghu Internal Skill) reaches level 20
- Qi gathering in Tanden meridian's 2nd acupoint's Rank is unlocked when the Ice Chi Internal Skill (Jianghu Internal Skill) reaches level 20
- School based meridians open different acupoints as players learn more tiers of Internal Skills from that school:
- First acupoint's Rank is unlocked when School's Tier 1 Internal Skill reaches at least level 25; after opening it, a player will be able to train up that meridian to a maximum Rank of 36
- Second acupoint's Rank is unlocked when School's Tier 2 Internal Skill reaches at least level 20; after opening it, a player will be able to train up that meridian to a maximum Rank of 72
- Third acupoint's Rank is unlocked when School's Tier 3 Internal Skill reaches at least level 20; after opening it, a player will be able to train up that meridian to a maximum Rank of 108
- Fourth acupoint's Rank is unlocked when School's Tier 4 Internal Skill reaches at least level 30; after opening it, a player will be able to train up that meridian to a maximum Rank of 144
- Fifth acupoint's Rank is unlocked when School's Tier 5 Internal Skill reaches at least level 30; after opening it, a player will be able to train up that meridian to a maximum Rank of 180
In this system, Chi (sometimes spelled Qi) is the required component to cultivate a Meridian (Chi acts as the 'Experience').
There is a daily cap ('Maximum Chi for today') for the amount of Chi the player gets, which depends on his/her internal skill level. The higher level it is, the more Chi a player can hold daily. After reaching the cap, players can no longer gain Chi for that day. If a player doesn't manage to reach the daily cap, the leftover Chi cap will be accumulated and shown as the 'Immortal Accumulation Limit'.
Players under VIP status gain about 5 times more Chi than non-VIP players.
The ways to gain Chi are somehow similar to gaining Experience, and are:
- all activities that give Experience gives Chi as well (if the Experience is at the cap of 999, the player will not gain any Chi from these activities)
- performing Life skill activities, turning in Life skill daily missions, reading Life skill books/Letters also gives Chi
- dealing damage to players and mobs with combat skills; the amount of Chi gained is related to damage dealt, the target the player is hitting and the type of skill in use (single-target locking skills tend to give more Chi than AOE non-targeting skills). The Chi reaped from exterminating mobs is minimal.
- Xuan Spirit Pills - (maximum) 10000 Chi each
Wushu Skills Edit
As a Meridian becomes more cultivated and more acupoints opened through Internal Skill cultivations, a player will collect Skill Points.
First acupoint activation gives no skill point; opening of each subsequent one along the meridian gives 1 skill point. These points are used in the Wushu Skills section within the 'Meridians info' interface and will allow players more customizing options between actions.
Skill Points can be spent to open up Skill Slots and learn 'Skills' (actually - some combo chains). There are 8 Skill Slots available in total. Their Skill Point requirements are:
- Slot 1 - 1 Point
- Slot 2 - 2 Points
- Slot 3 - 4 Points
- Slot 4 - 8 Points
- Slot 5 - 16 Points
- Slot 6 - 32 Points
- Slot 7 - 64 Points
- Slot 8 - 128 Points
Under the 'Skill' Selection, each icon corresponds to a combo chain, i.e. a combination of skills belonging to one of the three school skillsets. Players can reset their 'Skills' selection anytime, by spending 100 Liang Silver, resetting also reduces the daily limit.
By learning some 'Skills', the shared cooldown time of 1.5 seconds between the specified 2 skills will be removed, meaning that, after casting the first skill, the player is immediately able to cast the second one - without waiting for 1.5 seconds.
For example, the 'Skill' for Falling Flower Sword style of Scholar is Hero's Tears followed by Flying Swallow Returns. This combo chain's content and its skills' casting order (it will be skill no. 1 before skill no. 2, not the other way round) are fixed and cannot be chosen by the player.
Qi gathering in Tanden Meridian will boost 5 stats while each School Meridian will do this for 6 different ones. The summary of stats boosted can be seen in the table below. It is to be noted that this only applies if the corresponding Meridian is active (has a 'tick' by its name).
|STAT||Qi gathering in Tanden||Yang Brightness Stomach Foot Meridian (Shaolin)||Lesser Yin Kidney Foot Meridian (Wudang)||Greater Yin Lung Hand Meridian (Emei)||Greater Yang Small Intestine Meridian of Hand (Beggar's Sect)||Reverting Yin Liver Foot Meridian (Scholars)||Greater Yin Spleen Foot Meridian (Tangmen)||Lesser Yang Gallbladder Foot Meridian (Royal Guards)||Lesser Yang Sanjiao Hand Meridian (Wanderer's Valley)|
|HP Recovery Speed||Yes||Yes|
|Energy Recovery Speed||Yes|
|Ignore Internal Defense||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ignore Internal Parry||Yes|
|Ignore External Defense||Yes|
|Internal Skill Defense||Yes|
|Internal Attack Accuracy||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Internal Attack Critical Hit||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|External Attack Accuracy||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|External Attack Critical Hit||Yes||Yes||Yes|
And there is more: after training up to Rank 36 for each School Meridian, an additional effect will be granted!
|Shaolin||Reduce Critical Damage received|
|Wudang||Increase Internal Parry|
|Emei||Increase Energy Recovery Speed (%)|
|Beggar's Sect||Reduce Critical Damage received (%)|
|Scholars||Ignore Internal Parry|
|Tangmen||Increase External Attack Critical Damage (%)|
|Royal Guards||Increase HP Recovery Speed|
|Wanderer's Valley||Increase Internal Attack Critical Damage (%)|
Meridian Interface Edit
Meridian section of the Martial Art Skill Book has three parts:
- the left side
- Meridians grouped in categories
- Selected Meridian's acupoints
- the central one will display data about the Meridian selected in the left side, such as:
- its name
- its icon (with detailed description when mouseover)
- its current reached and maximum Rank (Zhoutian)
- Artifact icon - rare herbs which can be used to improve Meridians' cultivation
- toggle button to Activate/Close Meridian
- graphical representation of the Meridian, its human body location and its acupoints
- its selected (in the left side) acupoint
- the circular blue-filling Chi Gauge, showing amount of Chi earned and needed for ...
- five icons for non-implemented functions
- toggle button to Discipline/Stop cultivation
- the right side is about the Wushu Skills:
- Skill slots
- Confirm button
- Reset button
- Skill selection