Life skills are the equivalent of professions from other games; they are an important feature for character development, player interaction and game's economy.
Based on their characteristics, Life skills are divided into four categories:
Life skills have to be learned. For the ones in Cultural category this can be done in any of the five main cities; for all the others learning may also be done in the starter towns. First learned skill costs 50 Wen silver coins, the others more.
To perform Life skills, players need:
- enough Vigor (Physical Strength) points
- at least one skill-specific tool and in some cases other items in their backpack
- to have certain recipes learned (especially with Manufacturing skills); basic level recipes can be bought from Life skill Shifus while more advanced ones are to be obtained from Influence Challenges and Forbidden Instances
By performing Life skills, players will get Life skill experience and their Life skill will level eventually, unlocking the ability to learn new recipes in the process. However, players can only accumulate a fixed amount of Life skill experience per day. There is no need to force themselves to reach the daily experience cap as the unused experience will get carried over to the next day as long as they have been online for at least 1 minutePlayers must be sure to accept the daily Life skill quests from the Apprentice NPC beside the Life skill Shifu. They will receive a Life skill experience Letter (thus saving some of their precious Vigor), 25 wen silver coins, 1 point of Jianghu Experience and some Chi by completing these tasks. Reading these Letters has a 1 minute cooldown time.
- Financial gain .....
- Performing Life skills in front of certain NPCs may trigger Random encounters!
- Players will receive special titles if they're ranked on top (10 ??) in a specific Life skill.
At any time players can abandon a Life skill but they will have to consider that all learned recipes and & gained life skill experience will not remain once deleted.